2022 Solvay Public Lectures - 22 May 2022 at 15:00
ULB - Campus du Solbosch - Entrance 87A Avenue Buyl
- Free entrance but registration is mandatory.
- You will receive your ticket(s) by email.
- Registration closes on 20 May at 5.00 p.m.
Date and time
- Sunday 22 May 2022 at 15:00 (Doors open at 14:30).
- ULB - Campus du Solbosch - Entrance 87A Avenue Buyl - Bâtiment K
Auditorium Henri La Fontaine
- English - translation in both French and Dutch will be provided.
Moderator: Prof. Alexander Sevrin
(VUB & International Solvay Institutes)
15:00 - 15:10: Opening by Prof. Marc Henneaux
(ULB & International Solvay Institutes)
15:10 - 16:00: Talk by Prof. Serge Haroche (Collège de France, Paris)
Title: The Strangeness and the power of quantum physics
16:00 - 16:50: Talk by Prof. John Preskill (Caltech, USA)
Title: Quantum computing and the entanglement frontier
16:50 - 17:50: Panel Discussion with Profs. David Gross, Edward Farhi, Veronika Hubeny, John Preskill, Jian-Wei Pan, Michelle Simmons and Peter Zoller
17:50 - 18:00: Closing by Prof. Marc Henneaux (ULB & International Solvay Institutes)